- Cast iron pan
- 4 Eggs
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1/2 Onion Sliced
- 1 Red bell pepper Sliced
- 1 tsp Ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Salt
- Ground black pepper
- 14 oz Can of fire roasted tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Feta
- Ground lamb
- 1 lb Cilantro for garnish
- Heat oil in cast iron skillet or Dutch oven over medium heat. If using ground lamb add it to the pan, cook until done then remove from pan using a slotted spoon and set aside.
- In remaining oil add sliced onions and bell pepper. Sauté until onion becomes translucent, then add in minced garlic. Cook until vegetables are soft and caramelized.
- Add the cooked ground lamb back to the pan. Add in spices, stir and let cook for 1 min. Add canned tomatoes and simmer for about 10 min, until it starts to thicken.
- Make small indentations in the sauce to prepare space for the eggs in your pan. Crack eggs into each indentation and cover your pan or Dutch oven with a lid or tin foil.
- Simmer covered until eggs are set and whites are full cooked. About 7-10 min.
- Crumble feta on top (if using), garnish with cilantro and serve with crusty bread.